Hi Meaghan,

I can see that your post clearly laid out the difference between gamification and game-based learning for me, think you:)

Your experience in designing a board game for the class particularly highlighted the social characteristic of socio-constructivism, as you have to make it accessible for your peer after understanding the learning content and converting it to the gaming language. I can see why it is effective and helpful as it needs a deep understanding for someone to be the player and recognize the correct answers. It shows the interactions within a group in a gaming environment, which is definitely a good example for GBL.

For your example about gamification, I think one of its advantages is the in-time encouragement and rewards for children that could help them focus on what they do. Thus, I would consider which shows certain features of behaviourism as it involves positive/negative reinforcement for their actions.

Thank you for the examples that effectively present the practical use of GBL and gamification in teaching and learning!